Having successfully revised the Women Bishops Stuff, it now needs to go to Dioceses. Normally that would take 6 months, which will delay things somewhat. So we are to debate shortening that period – with the intention that we can do the necessary in July.
This is where some people might want to slow it down … we’ll see.
The first speech says we should delay, as dioceses haven’t seen the package. Of course, it was from an opponent of women Bishops, though voiced eirenically. There was only a smattering of applause…when we come to vote we have to approve the change by 75% – (nearly the biggest majority we ever require).
A speech in favour gets warm applause.
Still going as predicted, except that a prominent opponent has said that we should just get on with it, which is refreshing.
Just about to vote – it will, of course, pass. Just need to see if we get the required 75%.
Yes: 358 No: 39 abs 9
We’re ok. Still on track for a July final approval.
Lots of stuff on fees and things now. You’re not that gripped – admit it.