Rules for Reverends VI
December 8, 2011 § 3 Comments
51. Some people have very noisy coats
52. The tiptoeing thing people do when they are late into church doesn’t work.
53. When you go to see the Bishop about your future, bear in mind that he might have said his prayers that morning. But then again, he might just have a gap to fill.
54. You drink more Communion wine than anyone else. You owe it to yourself to make it decent.
55. The Press has a memory shorter than a goldfish, and works on whims and timescales more rapid than a toddler in a toyshop. You will not change this.
56. No church hall booking system ever works.
57. Common Worship was written so that people previously at enmity with each other could have something to moan about together.
58. No one is ever happy about car parking arrangements.
59. Account very carefully for special collections, and write within nano seconds to the donor and recipient.
60. People who light a candle when they say a prayer are not being superstitious. The Holy Spirit is helping them with sighs too deep for words.