Rules for Reverends Vol II
December 3, 2011 § 1 Comment
12. The most emotional funeral visit is the one you’re not expecting to be.
13. Saying ‘yes please’ when offered a drink in someone’s home is an extreme sport.
14. You can’t help watching someone’s TV, even with the sound turned down.
15. Being more interested in the parents’ Mercedes/motor bike/hi-fi rather than their baby is not good form on a baptism visit.
16. Just because you’re on Twitter doesn’t make you acceptable to the young.
17. You are not there to outshine the Bride, nor give the Best Man’s speech.
18. Organists are uniformly lovely, and uniformly misunderstood.
19. people who say they are sorry for disturbing you because you’re very busy really mean it, and really are.
20. No other role gets you involved in the highest and lowest points of people’s lives, especially not all in the same afternoon.