Rules for Reverends
December 2, 2011 § 1 Comment
1. The house you are looking for in the dark will be the one without a number.
2. You will receive your first complaint about a service you thought was brilliant within ten minutes of arriving home.
3. No doorbell ever works.
4. The only people who ring before nine o’clock in the morning are undertakers or Bishops.
5. The one time you answer the phone in an amusing way will be the one time you wish you hadn’t.
6. No dog which ‘just wants to play’ should be trusted.
7. You should always have a grace ready. Or ‘a few words’. Or (in Africa) a sermon.
8. You think that wearing a dog collar will get you a better deal, or give weight when you complain. It won’t.
9. In a PCC meeting even those you know well will say stuff that you wouldn’t believe.
10. No, it’s not a job. Yes, it is the best in the world.